Landlords Legal Requirements To Rent Property
- Gas installations such as your boiler have to be tested by a Corgi registered engineer either once a year or when you re-let to new tenants, whichever comes first. A copy should be given to the tenant.
- Comply with fire safety regulations by providing fire exits, smoke detectors and fire extinguishers. This will depend on the type of property that you are letting out so check with the local council.
- Furniture must comply with the 1988 fire and safety regulations.
- If the building was built after 1992 it must have smoke alarms on every floor.
- Register with a deposit protection scheme (new window) for new rentals after 6th April 2007.
In addition to the above have the following documents ready for when you find a tenant.
- Assured shorthold tenancy agreement.
|Clickdocs provides fast reliable online downloadable legal documents including Tenancy Agreements, Inventory list, Notice to Quit and Deed of Assignment for both England / Wales and Scotland.|
|CORGI is the National Watchdog for Gas Safety in the United Kingdom.|
Find The Real Price A Property Sold For!
How Much Did Next Door Sell For? Plus Price Changes For Every Town
Claim Your FREE eBook and Save £1000s
Learn the tricks of the professionals. Packed with hundreds of money saving tips!
Sellers Landlords & Estate Agents list your property FREE!
Reach over 400,000+ buyers and tenants every month!
100% FREE. Buyers and tenants contact you direct
Post FREE Ad in minutes!