Prepare Your House For Sale
- Complete any small DIY jobs such as painting.
- Clear away any clutter. If possible store it off-site.
- Air the property by opening windows and purchasing a few air fresheners. Also remember that some buyers may be allergic to pets so make sure that all signs of animal smells and hair are removed.
- If any of the rooms have very bright colours or carpets, you may want to neutralise them. This does not mean go out and buy expensive carpet.
- Get carpets professionally cleaned.
If your bathroom or kitchen looks tired then by applying some of the following practises will make a difference.
- Re-paint the ceiling and walls.
- Clean, re-grout any tiled areas that are going black.
- Cut lawns.
- Make sure front door is immaculate as first impressions count.
- De-personalise by removing personal items such as family photos until the property is sold.
- Choose the correct lighting for each space which can improve the mood of the room.
- Organise rooms so that there purpose can be seen.
During this process always remember that you have now decided to sell your property and not to get personal about any changes, as the changes that you implement are to attract the widest possible buyers in your area.
Find The Real Price A Property Sold For!
How Much Did Next Door Sell For? Plus Price Changes For Every Town
Claim Your FREE eBook and Save £1000s
Learn the tricks of the professionals. Packed with hundreds of money saving tips!
Sellers Landlords & Estate Agents list your property FREE!
Reach over 400,000+ buyers and tenants every month!
100% FREE. Buyers and tenants contact you direct
Post FREE Ad in minutes!