A very attractive 3 bedroom semi-detached house situated within the heart of the village with outstanding uninterrupted rural views to the rear.
M4 Junction 12: 5.5 miles, Reading 8 miles, Pangbourne 2 miles (All mileages approximate)
Approx 1,242 sq ft / 115.4 msq
A very attractive semi-detached house substantially constructed in 1966 to high standards and impeccably maintained and presented.
Situated within the heart of the village with secluded and very private gardens to the front and rear with the rear enjoying the westerly sun for evening barbeques. Outstanding uninterrupted rural views to the rear.
Special Features: * Large hall with dado rail. * Beautifully fitted kitchen with Fired Earth terracotta tiled flooring and a John Lewis cream painted kitchen with lots of cupboards and drawers on high and low level, granite work surfaces, twin bowl sink unit with mixer taps, dishwasher, AEG double oven with grill, plumbing for washing machine, fitted fridge and refrigerator, extractor over, four ring ceramic AEG hob and door to side. * Sitting room with a dining area is open plan, a well-proportioned room, sliding double glazed patio doors leading directly to the garden and rear terrace. * Large windows giving lots of light, high ceilings and a very pretty Victorian style open fireplace with slate hearth and pine surround.
* Integral garage has an electrically controlled roller door. * There is a driveway with parking for 2 cars. * Master bedroom enjoys wonderful far reaching rural views across natural farmland and all three bedrooms are large doubles. * The bathroom and separate lavatory have been recently upgraded with expensive marble tiling to the walls and floors and the bathroom has an excellent glass shower unit.
Local Facilities: Only a few minutes driving distance from Pangbourne with its excellent shopping facilities and mainline station giving an intercity fast train connection to London Paddington. Just up the road from the property is the village church and green and The Red Lion public house and restaurant.
There is also an excellent village hall with all sorts of events during the course of the year including a regular farmers` market, next to the village hall are tennis courts and there is an excellent tennis club, an amateur dramatic society and a cricket club.
There is a wonderful sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. It is also understood that the 9-hole golf course which is also owned by Bradfield College is still open to public membership.
In Upper Basildon and in Bradfield there are riding schools for the equestrian enthusiast with lots of bridle paths. There are plenty of golf clubs - Calcot, Streatley, Mapledurham, Badgemore. The Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance. The M4 Junction 12 at Theale is approximately 5.5 miles connecting to Heathrow and London. Reading is approximately 8 miles.
There is a Sainsbury`s Savacentre at Calcot for those major food shopping expeditions and a fine Waitrose at Tilehurst. Fielders Farm Shop owned by Jo Fielder will be found at Theale.
Schools: There are plenty of schools in the area. Upper Basildon C of E Primary School is within walking distance which has an excellent reputation, Theale Green School has a bus service for pick up and drop off in Pangbourne, St Andrew`s Preparatory School is only a few minutes driving distance, as are Pangbourne College and Bradfield College. There is also The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, Downe House, all within easy driving distance.
SUMMARY OF ACCOMMODATION: Large reception hall, sitting room with spacious dining area, fabulous John Lewis fitted kitchen, 3 double bedrooms, bathroom with shower and separate WC, primary glazed replacement windows throughout, full electric central heating which is on Economy 7. Integral garage, further off street parking.
The gardens are also a special feature with a terrace immediately behind the sitting room with well-maintained lawns, Barbeque area to one end. The flowerbeds are planted with lots of perennial plants, delphiniums, lupines, roses etc with an established bay tree, rhubarb and soft fruits. There is access to the front along the side and a useful garden store. The front garden is secluded from the road with high shrubberies and well maintained lawns but could be opened out if so desired to give further off street car parking.
DIRECTIONS: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout, pass The Elephant Hotel and turn first right at St James the Less Church. Proceed up Pangbourne Hill, pass the entrance to Pangbourne College on the left, turn immediately right signposted to Upper Basildon. Proceed along this road until a sharp left hand bend. A short distance along you will see a restriction sign for 30mph and a Z-bend sign pass Spring Close, the property will be found on the right hand side, the right hand property of the pair.
SERVICES:Mains water, electricity and drainage, electric central heating on Economy 7.
POST CODE:RG8 8JG
LOCAL AUTHORITY:West Berkshire Council. Tel: 01635 42400.
Council Tax: Band D
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter,
No. 1 Station Road,
Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Fax: 0118 984 5490
London Office: Cashel House,
15 Thayer Street,
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only � sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.