Reading 5.4 miles,
Pangbourne village with Station 1.7 miles,
M4 Junction 12 at Theale 4 miles
Approx 2,845 sq ft / 264.3 msq.
A splendid 1880`s detached Victorian country house set on the outskirts of the very sought after village of Pangbourne. In superb order throughout, surrounded by pretty landscaped gardens and overlooking fields and woodland to the front. The property is set high above the peaceful little lane enjoying easy access to Pangbourne and its excellent selection of specialist shops. There are lots of footpaths leading across the fields, one to the rear with a gate onto a footpath which eventually leads through Sulham woods and to the front just a short distance along the road a footpath leading across fields giving access to the Greyhound pub at Tidmarsh.
The property has been kept in first class order by the present owners who have owned the property for nearly 20 years. Recent additions have been the double detached garage block with staircase to large storage loft and a fabulous conservatory stretching across the rear.
Special Features: * Easy access to Pangbourne with its mainline station giving intercity fast train service to London. * Fabulous gardens. * Fine rural position. * Large paved terrace to the rear for summer dining with doors to the conservatory. * A very pretty kitchen with Belling Five 4 ring electric hob with warming plate to one side, double oven and grill. The units are bespoke craftsman constructed by a local joinery company and manufactured from old timber. There are lots of cupboards and drawers. Polished beech hardwood working surfaces. Twin bowl ceramic sink unit under mounted with draining to one side. Fitted dishwasher. Pretty Amtico quarry tiled floor. * Amtico wood effect flooring to the reception hall. * Very pretty Victorian fireplaces to the dining room and drawing room. * Sitting room, which could be used as a ground floor bedroom, a cloakroom leads off this room. * Pretty original striped pine and polished panelled doors throughout. * Very pretty bay window overlooking the front from the dining room.
* All the bedrooms to the first floor have pretty views. * Original Victorian fireplace to the master bedroom with en-suite modern shower room. * Original Victorian fireplace to bedroom 2. * The family bathroom has been replaced of recent times and there is a separate lavatory with door from landing. * The area is noted to be of outstanding rural beauty enjoying sleepy rural peace and tranquillity.
Local Facilities: The station is within a few minutes driving distance giving an intercity fast train service to London Paddington. The M4 motorway Junction 12 at Theale is only approximately 10 minutes away, Sainsbury`s Hypermarket and Waitrose are both only 15 minutes away and the centre of Pangbourne has a fantastic selection of specialist shops, with an award winning butchers, cheese shop, library, first class health centre, dentist, organic food shops, riverside pubs, restaurants of all types, a vibrant thriving village.
Schooling: Schooling facilities of all types and for all age groups abound within the area. Pangbourne Primary School, Theale Green is an excellent public sector school with a good reputation, also within driving distance will be found Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, Cranford House, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Moulsford Preparatory School, Downe House at Cold Ash, Elstree Schools, both senior and junior, The Oratory Schools, both senior and junior.
Leisure Facilities: Golf clubs at Mapledurham, Calcot, and Streatley, with a number of other golf clubs also within easy access. Bradfield College has a marvellous public sports and health centre, including indoor tennis courts, squash courts, swimming pool, gymnasium, and fitness areas, which are open to the public by normal subscription.
SUMMARY OF ACCOMMODATION: 3 Reception rooms, large conservatory, kitchen/breakfast room, cloakroom, utility room, large reception hall, 4 bedrooms, shower room en-suite to master bedroom, family bathroom with separate lavatory.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS: Double detached garage block with room over, full oil fired central heating, several garden stores, parking for a number of cars to the front. Gardens extending to 0.488 acres / 0.198 ha this includes the strip of land owned by Sulham Estates. Beedon Cottage title should show ownership of approximately 0.307 acres / 0.124 ha.
Note: A small area of extra garden is owned by Sulham Estate and is rented presently to the current owner at a peppercorn rent of �50 per annum. The plot is covered by a simple letter lease which may be terminated by either party at three month notice. Sulham Estate have kindly confirmed that they would be happy to continue to rent the plot under the existing arrangements and state that Sulham Estate would not be interested in selling the land.
DIRECTIONS: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left and left at the mini roundabout. Proceed over the mini roundabout at The George Hotel and proceed out of the village on the Reading road. Take the last turning on the right hand side which is Sulham Lane. Proceed down the lane for some distance and the property will be found towards the end on the left.
SERVICES:Mains electricity, Modern septic tank drainage, Borehole water supply, Oil fired central heating
POST CODE:RG8 8DY
LOCAL AUTHORITY:West Berkshire Council. Tel: 01635 42400. www.westberks.gov.uk
Council Tax: G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter,
No. 1 Station Road,
Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Fax: 0118 984 5490
London Office: Cashel House,
15 Thayer Street,
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only � sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.