Approx 2848 sq ft / 264.5 m2. Approx 0.257acres / 0.104 ha.
M4 Junction 12: 6 miles. Reading 9 miles. Pangbourne and station 4 miles. (Distances approximate)
A delightful Victorian period house with some later additions situated on a sleepy lane overlooking wildflower meadows. Originally a tied cottage to Bradfield Hall, this property has tastefully been brought into today`s world by the present owners creating a spacious, beautifully fitted and decorated family home. This property is situated in one of the most sought after villages in the area, noted for its natural outstanding beauty and tranquillity and yet within easy access of Newbury, Reading and Pangbourne, Village shop, school and the Village pub.
Some of the special features must include; * The in/out entrance drive. * The spectacular and very beautiful gardens to the rear enjoying the south westerly sun. * Splendid kitchen/living room with dining area, beautifully fitted with an extensive range of bespoke units, cupboards and drawers, dishwasher, a SMEG 6 ring propane gas range with twin oven and warming drawer with stainless steel extractor and stainless steel splash back, very pretty granite work surfaces, central Island with wine racks, cupboards and drawers with hardwood working surface and enamel under mounted sink, further Butlers enamel sink twin bowl with mixer taps, fitted microwave and fitted fridge freezer with ice and cold water dispenser.
* Tremendous flow of accommodation. * Excellent decorative condition inside and out. * The open log fire to the drawing room and sitting room.
* High ceilings. * Polished Oak flooring. * All the windows have been replaced. * The gardens have been planned, landscaped and planted with dedicated care and are a delight in all seasons. * Lots of secure car parking to side of house with twin gates and pedestrian gate giving access. * Further twin high timber gates secure the access to the other side of the property with a driveway leading into the double tandem garage which has storage above. * Within the garden at the back of the garage is a pretty greenhouse constructed especially for the owners to be in keeping with the kitchen/living room. * To the rear of the garden is a large garden store.
Schools & Local Facilities:
This is a very accessible place to find, cut away from the hurley-burley of the modern world, yet within easy access to the M4 junction 12 at Theale, which is approximately 6 miles. There is an excellent village school, Bradfield C of E Primary School just along the road, a large playing field with children`s play area, an excellent doctors` practice, a community centre, and a community run village shop which is an unusual feature in today`s world. Within a short driving distance is Bradfield College and Bradfield Sports Complex with its indoor tennis courts open to public membership, as is the 9-hole golf course owned by Bradfield College. Pangbourne College is only a short distance by car, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Downe House in Cold Ash, St Finian`s Primary School and Elstree School.
SUMMARY OF ACCOMMODATION:
Entrance porch, 3 reception rooms, study, kitchen/living room with breakfast room, cloakroom, utility room, rear courtyard, terrace, 4 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms/shower rooms. Outside: Double tandem garage, attached greenhouse, garden store, large secure car parking area.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS:Extending to approximately 0.257 acres / 0.104 ha.
SERVICES: Mains water, electricity and drainage, oil fired central heating.
POST CODE:RG7 6JY
LOCAL AUTHORITY:West Berkshire Council. Tel: 01635 42400. Council Tax: G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent,
Dudley Singleton & Daughter,
No. 1 Station Road,
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Fax: 0118 984 5490
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only � sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left, over the mini roundabout, out of the village passing over the M4 motorway, turn right at signpost for Bradfield. Proceed along this road to the heart of Bradfield to a staggered �T` junction with a War Memorial on your left. Turn right and proceed through Southend Bradfield. Turn right at the first sign post to Tutts Clump. Proceed down this lane until you eventually see a yellow road salt dispenser and a sign post on the left directing left to Tutts Clump. This is Bishops Road. Proceed along Bishops Road until you find Rotten Row Hill on your right. Turn right and Hollywell Cottage will be the third house on the left hand side.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.