Approx 6200 sq ft / 575 msq
A splendid, uniquely designed country house set on high ground within walking distance of the highly desirable village of Pangbourne. Peaceful location in a no through lane. Very pretty views.
A splendid, uniquely designed country house set within the heart of the Thameside period village of Pangbourne at the end of one of the most exclusive residential lanes within walking distance of shops, primary school and all the fantastic facilities that Pangbourne has to offer including station, buses, River Thames, pubs and restaurants.
Designed by the present owners in 1996, a collaboration of innovative ideas by the architect and the owners, creating what must be described as a magnificent and unique house which harmonises with the surrounding countryside in its use of stone, brick, timber, together with the generous use of glass enabling not only some fine views but making sure that every room in the house has an abundance of light.
This truly is, in every sense of the word, a fabulous large family house with elegant rooms for entertaining and a number of other very useful rooms for the family used as studies, pool/music room, family rooms and television rooms. Everything within the property is fitted to the highest specification.
Special Features: All the rooms are large, many asymmetric, creating interest wherever the eye falls. * Special skylights were introduced to enhance further light, all with motor driven rain sensors and automatic activation. * A hardwood parquet floor in the drawing room. * The flow of accommodation is extraordinary.
Lower ground floor
The lower ground floor office has an entrance with reception hall for family every day use. * , shower room, kitchen/ utility room, large store room.
* A large imposing main reception room with oak flooring. * Pretty views of garden and natural countryside.
* The kitchen/living room is spectacular - large, beautifully fitted with John Lewis units, Corian work surfaces, two sink units of mixed Corian and stainless steel, a stainless steel inset surface mounted kitchen scale, a large ceramic hob with extractor over, surface mounted barbecue with extraction, microwave, double oven, dishwasher, American fridge freezer with ice and cool water dispensers, wine racks, carousel larder units, breakfast bar, breakfast table and ceramic flooring.
* A conservatory/sitting room with oak flooring.
* Large stone laid rear terrace and barbecue area.
* All the gardens are very private and have been landscaped with care. * The sitting room, drawing room and dining room have large open working log fires. * Access from the kitchen/living room and conservatory to a wide decked area, which leads past the drawing room, continues as a wide balcony to the front which has access from the sitting room and drawing room; delightful for entertaining.
* Turkey Oak House enjoys complete peace and sleepy rural serenity, very safe for children and pets.
* The lower ground floor has an entrance with reception hall for family every day use.
* Garage with painted floor, central heating, electric up and over hardwood panelled door, all main electrical systems, television systems, broadband and under floor heating controls are within this area. The house is also wired in throughout for a home entertainment system. * The use of the accommodation is enormously flexible;
* There is a fabulous 2nd floor pool room/music room with beamed ceilings and galleries overlooking the main sitting room and drawing room, a spectacular room with hardwood parquet flooring and lots of light. * This is a truly wonderful family house created and maintained with love and care and little thought of the expense, completely unique, and quite definitely will welcome another family and accommodate all ages in comfort.
Local Facilities: Junction 12 of the M4 approximately 5 miles. Walking distance from the busy and historic village of Pangbourne on Thames with its excellent shops, church, pubs, restaurants, health centre, dentist, banks, primary school, library, station giving an intercity fast train connection to London Paddington for the commuter and Oxford. The large supermarket and hypermarket of Waitrose and Sainsburys Savacentre are within easy driving distance.
Schools: There are excellent schooling facilities in the area - Pangbourne College is just along the road, Bradfield College is within easy access, as is St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Moulsford Boys School, Cranford House, Downe House and The Oratory. There is a public sector secondary school at Theale which has a school bus pick up in Pangbourne and an excellent primary school in Pangbourne.
Sporting: There is a first class fitness centre at Bradfield College, which is open to membership, with a very fine indoor swimming pool, gymnasium, squash courts, indoor tennis courts. There are also plenty of facilities for the golfing enthusiast in the area - Streatley Hills, Mapledurham and Calcot to name but a few and there are delightful walks from the property by way of footpaths and bridleways. Horse riding stables and livery stables are a short driving distance at Buckhold and Upper Basildon.
SUMMARY OF ACCOMMODATION:
Lower ground floor: Family entrance and large reception hall, large office, boiler room with water softener and direct mains water system; this is a pressurised system which makes sure that all taps throughout the property excellent water flow. Large heated store, integral double garage with electric up and over doors, further store room, shower room with lavatory.
Ground Floor: Formal entrance with large reception hall, cloakroom, cloaks cupboard, drawing room, dining room, sitting room, snug, splendid kitchen/living room with conservatory, utility room. Master bedroom suite with dressing room and bathroom, adjacent study, bathroom with Jack and Jill access from reception hall and into 2nd sitting room.
First Floor: 3 bedrooms, family bathroom, pool/music room, and 3rd sitting room/television room/playroom .
Note: Central heating is under floor to kitchen/living room, dining room, conservatory, sitting room, drawing room and main reception hall and master bathroom, the remainder of the accommodation has water filled radiators. The two systems can be programmed to run independently of each other.
Gardens & Grounds: Extending to approximately 0.423 acre / 0.171 ha.
DIRECTIONS: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout towards Tidmarsh. Pass Green Lane and Courtlands Hill on the right and take the next turning to the right into Flowers Hill. After a short distance, turn left into Cedar Drive and the property will be found at the far end of this cul de sac on the right hand side.
SERVICES:Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage.
POST CODE:RG8 7BH
LOCAL AUTHORITY: West Berkshire Council.
Tax: Band: G. 2011/12 - �2,503.87
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter,
No. 1 Station Road,
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London , W1
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.