* Pangbourne shops/ station - 1.5 miles * Reading - 8 miles
* M4 jct 12 - 6 miles * (Distances are approximate)
1533 sq ft / 142 m� (approx.) Acreage � 0.26 acres / 0.107 ha (approx. )
DESCRIPTION: A very pretty detached fully modernised mature cottage set in a large plot, entered from a private driveway. Situated amidst the most unbelievably beautiful natural countryside.
Special features : Wonderful panoramic views over natural farmland across the valley to the Chiltern Hills beyond * Rural peace and seclusion * Interior fully modernised * Replacement primary double glazed windows * Modern fully fitted kitchen * Potential for extension subject to Local Authority planning permission * Situated in a hamlet of much larger period properties * Set on a no through road *
Local Facilities: Pangbourne has a fantastic selection of specialist shops, with an award winning butchers, cheese shop, library, first class health centre, dentist, organic food shop, riverside pubs and restaurants of all types, it is a vibrant thriving village.
The station is within a few minute`s drive - giving an intercity fast train service to London Paddington and Oxford in the other direction. The M4 motorway Junction 12 at Theale is only approximately 10/15 minutes drive away, Sainsbury`s Hypermarket and Waitrose are both only 15 minutes drive away.
Schools: An excellent primary school in Pangbourne and a number of other schools in the locality including Pangbourne College, St Andrews Preparatory School, Bradfield College, The Oratory School and Cranford House which is within easy access as is Moulsford Boys School and a number of these school have school buses that pick up and put down from Pangbourne. Bradfield has a first class health and sports centre with wonderful open to the public membership, with indoor tennis courts, squash, fabulous indoor pool and fitness centre.
SUMMARY OF ACCOMMODATION: Reception hall, sitting room, kitchen, rear lobby with modern oil fired boiler, 4 bedrooms (2 on the ground floor), cloakroom adjacent to bedroom 1, bathroom, attached single garage, plenty of off road parking.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS: Pretty gardens to front and rear with large raised sun terrace to the rear, lawns, hedges, flowering shrubs and mature trees.
DIRECTIONS: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left and proceed over the mini roundabout. Turn first right at St James the Less Church and proceed up Pangbourne Hill. Just after you pass the entrance to Pangbourne College, turn right signposted to Upper Basildon. Proceed along the road and when you see a post box on the right, turn right into a private lane and the property will be found a short distance down the lane, directly ahead of you.
SERVICES: Full oil fired central heating, septic tank drainage, mains water and electricity
POST CODE: RG8 8JL
LOCAL AUTHORITY: West Berkshire
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662 Fax: 0118 984 5490
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only � sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.