Potential to extend to the side with further ground and first floor accommodation or perhaps a garage with a bedroom above (subject to Local Authority planning permission).
Level walk to shops and amenities. Station within a few minutes` walk.
M4 junction 12 at Theale 10/15 minutes. No onward chain.
788 sq ft / 73.3 sq ft m� approx.
A very pretty semi-detached Edwardian house within minutes level walking of the village centre. Meadowside Road is one of the most desirable of the original Edwardian residential roads in Pangbourne. Set in a very pretty road with mainly period properties.
In good order throughout.
The property can be easily walked to by way of Piggy Lane, running from the heart of the village beside Richard Wilson & Co solicitors, that takes you directly into Meadowside Road.
Level walking distance to Pangbourne`s shops and amenities (approx. 3/4 mins walk) Pangbourne has a fantastic selection of specialist shops, with an award winning butchers, cheese shop, library, first class health centre, dentist, organic food shop, riverside pubs, restaurants of all types, a vibrant thriving village although Meadowside Road is set away just off the centre, it`s a no through and very peaceful road therefore safe for all the family.
The station is within a few minutes walking distance - giving a fast train service to London Paddington (Cross Rail scheduled at Reading) and to Oxford in the other direction. The M4 motorway Junction 12 at Theale is only approximately 10/15 minutes; Sainsbury`s and Waitrose are both only 15 minutes away.
Special Features :
* Two pretty reception rooms each with an open fireplace*
*First reception room fitted with a wood burning stove and pretty stained pine mantle *
*Original Victorian pine staircase to first floor *
*The highly polished naturally stained pine flooring to both reception rooms , reception hall and all the flooring to the first floor *
*Both bedrooms will take a double bed *
* The bathroom has recently been refitted with modern ladder rack towel rail and modern shower *
*All windows have been replaced and are primary double glazed.
*Modern gas fired central heating system throughout to radiators *
*Fully fitted kitchen with door to the gardens *
*Brick laid off road parking *
*Good quality recently installed large garden store *
* Very pretty gardens to front with seating area and also gardens to the rear *
* Approximately 48 foot in depth with paved seating and BBQ area *
* Footpath to open fields across the road *
SUMMARY OF ACCOMMODATION: Reception hall, original staircase to first floor, two reception rooms, kitchen/breakfast room, two bedrooms, shower room, off street car parking, modern gas fired boiler to central heating system,
GARDENS AND GROUNDS: The gardens are very private and very pretty.
Schools: An excellent primary school in Pangbourne and a number of other schools in the locality including Pangbourne College, St Andrews Preparatory School, Bradfield College, The Oratory School and Cranford House which is within easy access as is Moulsford Boys School and a number of these school are either in walking distance or have school buses that pick up and put down from Pangbourne. Bradfield has a first class health and sports centre with wonderful open to the public membership, with indoor tennis courts, squash, fabulous indoor pool and fitness centre.
DIRECTIONS: From the offices of Dudley Singleton and Daughter turn left, left again, at the mini roundabout, proceed through the centre of the village until you reach Horseshoe Road on your right hand side. Turn right, proceed down Horseshoe Road, turning right into Short Street. On reaching the T-junction, turn left � this is Meadowside Road and number 5 will be found a short distance down on the left hand side.
SERVICES: Mains water, gas & electricity.
NOTE: The property has off road parking, but if further spaces are required, residents can apply for residents parking permits that we have been informed by our vendor costs �25 annually
POST CODE: RG8 7NG
LOCAL AUTHORITY: West Berkshire Council.
Council Tax: Band D
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only � sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.