Stanhope Gardens Highgate N6
An imposing house, formerly the home of the founding members of the band Pink Floyd situated on Stanhope Gardens in Highgate. The house has been restored by Masterman Architects to comprise of a fantastic double reception, 6 bedrooms, and 4 bathrooms.
The living room spans over 58ft of entertaining space and has been refurbished to an exceptional standard whilst retaining its period charm. The double reception room with a generous bay window opens to a Poggenpohl kitchen/dining room with Siemens appliance and breakfast bar. The German manufactured bi-fold doors, span the entire width of the room, revealing the 50ft garden designed by Beauchamp Garden Design & Construction.
This magnificent house further comprises two en-suite bedrooms, four further bedrooms, family bathroom, shower room and two separate WCs. Additional features include under floor heating and custom designed lighting throughout, bespoke woodwork, cabinetry and Banham monitored alarm system.
Highgate is a suburban area of north London at the north-eastern corner of Hampstead Heath, Highgate Underground Station (Northern Line, Zone 3) is only 5 minutes walk from the house.
Highgate is one of the most exclusive London suburbs in which to live. It has an active conservation body, the Highgate Society, to protect its character.
Until late Victorian times it was a distinct village outside London, astride the main road to the north. The area retains many green expanses including the eastern part of Hampstead Heath, three ancient woods, Waterlow Park and the eastern-facing slopes known as Highgate bowl. At its centre is Highgate village, a collection of largely Georgian shops, pubs, restaurants and residential streets, interspersed with diverse landmarks such as St Michael's Church and steeple, St. Joseph's Church and its green copper dome, Highgate School (1565), Jacksons Lane arts centre housed in a Grade II listed former church, the Gatehouse Inn dating from 1670 and Berthold Lubetkin's 1930s Highpoint buildings. Highgate is also famous for its atmospheric Victorian cemetery in which the Communist philosopher Karl Marx is buried.
The village is at the top of a hill which provides views across London: it is 446 feet (136 m) above sea level at its highest point.
The area is divided between three London boroughs: Haringey in the north, Camden in the south and west, and Islington in the south and east. The postal district is N6.
These are for general guidance only. You are responsible to confirm accuracy by inspection.