Lovely views across Loch carron towards Applecross Hills
Highly insulated for all-year-round living
Timber planked floors
French doors to large Sun-deck
An abundance of wildlife
Parking for at least 2 cars + garage and shed space
Good Broadband connection
Home Report available upon request to HouseSimple
Ravenscraig Lodge is a unique detached larch-clad house of character, 3 years old and built to a high standard, in a secluded, elevated position enjoying oustandingly beautiful views across Loch Carron to the Applecross Hills beyond. The lodge is tucked into the hillside in approximately 0.37 of an acre of land, well sheltered to the East and West by a variety of indigenous trees and shrubs. A burn runs down the West boundary of the property. Home Report plus surveyor valuation available upon request from House Simple. Fully certificated including architect's Certificate.
The property benefits from a large open-plan kichen/ lounge/ dining room with raised ceiling and a lovely inglenook beamed fireplace with a Celtic style woodburning stove and ample room for logs. There is a short passageway leading to the good sized bath/ shower room and 2 double bedrooms. There is ample room for an extension, if required, subject to the usual planning requirements. There is plenty of shed and garage space also. The garden land includes an elevated area above the roofline of the lodge, suitable for siting a viewing platform/ shelter/ summerhouse and affording fine panoramic views across Loch Carron.
The French doors open out to a large split-level verandah with steps at one end leading down to the wildlife garden and barbecue area, all with fantastic views across the sea loch. At the other end, the verandah drops down a step to the decked dining area ,which receives the Highland sunshine for most of the day . The house is insulated to a high standard and designed for year-round living.
The beautiful village of Plockton is only 3 miles away and is a haven for artists and yachting enthusiasts. There are fine restaurants, a post office, shop, good schools, village hall and good friendly pubs, hosting traditional live music sessions regularly all year round. Kyle of Lochalsh -the gateway to The Isle of Skye- is 7 miles away, where you will find the train station, daily buses to Glasgow, Fort William, Inverness, local buses, supermarket, shops, banks, hotels, restaurants, garages, swimming pool, leisure centre, playing fields, dentists, doctors' surgery and good medical centre. There are daily flights from Inverness Airport (less than 2hrs drive away) to London, Bristol and further afield.
The whole area is a hill-walker's, climber's and wildlife enthusiast's dream and you can be at one with Nature in our lovely wildlife garden. Rare pine marten and red deer often visit and you may see an otter fishing at the shore of the nearby rare-breeds farm, or a sea eagle soarding high above the Crags behind the lodge. You can also catch 'broon troot' in the lochans up the Crags, or see Morag's 'heelan coos' relaxing on the road at Duirinish! At Duncraig Station, a beautiful spot 20 minutes walk away, put your hand out and the train will stop for you. Highland living at it's best!
1. Entrance. An attractive timber decked ramp and steps lead to the part-glazed door, which opens into the kitchen area.
2. Kitchen / Dining / Living Room. 19'8 x 17'3 (5.99 x 5.26m) A large open-plan room with raised ceiling. A large velux and feature windows give this room a light and airy atmosphere, with fantastic views across the loch. The timber plank floor, timber half-panelled walls, pine window surrounds and feature inglenook fireplace with woodburning/ multifuel stove add to the ambience. French doors open out onto the wrap-around verandah, extending the room out into the garden.
The kitchen houses an abundance of modern units, including plumbed-in dishwasher space (currently used as a cupboard), large airing cupboard housing a hot water cylinder with jacket hanging space inside, broom cupboard and plumbed-in washing machine + tumble dryer cupboard. A new electric hob is fitted plus electric oven and numerous power points, phone and tv socket, storage heater and economy 7 hot water booster switch/timer. Also a one-and-half bowl stainless steel sink with swan-neck pillar tap, all set into a formica beech-block-effect worktop, illuminated with led plinth-lights. A short passage leads to 2 bedrooms and a bathroom.
3. Front Bedroom. 9'7 x 12'6 (2.92 x 3.81m) Double bedroom with fitted wardrobe, large windows with pine surround and fantastic sea views. Panel heater, power sockets, reclaimed feature panelled door. Loft access hatch with good quality pine retractable access ladder fitted. Plastered back of inglenook fireplace wall good at storing and radiating heat to this room when woodburning stove is used.
4. Rear Bedroom. 9'8 x 8'1 (2.95 x 2.46m) Double bedroom. Large window with pine surround and rear woodland view. Panel heater, reclaimed feature panelled door.
5. Bath/ Shower room/ wc.6'4 x 6'9 (1.93 x 2.06m) Comfortable sized bathroom with georgian style feature window with pine surround and pine panelling to bath. White double-ended wide bath with beautiful chrome antique filler/mixer taps. Separate 8.5kw electric shower, metal pole with shower curtain, extractor fan, shaver light and wall cabinet, ceiling downlighters and dimplex bathroom panel heater. White toilet and wash-hand basin, feature tiling full-height around bath and above washbasin.
Ravenscraig Lodge is connected to mains electricity and water, with drainage to a septic tank. There is a good broadband connection.
NOTE:- An additional area of land (apprx 0.38 of an acre) slopes up behind the property, with fantastic panoramic views and the burn running down the Western boundary. This would further enhance the amenity value of the Lodge, with potential for various uses, and may also be offered for inclusion in the sale at a negotiable price.