Prepare Your House For SaleBy preparing your property correctly can mean the difference between selling your property or having it on the market for a long period of time. Therefore before you have any potential buyers to view your property make sure you have covered the following.
- Complete any small DIY jobs such as painting.
- Clear away any clutter. If possible store it off-site.
- Air the property by opening windows and purchasing a few air fresheners. Also remember that some buyers may be allergic to pets so make sure that all signs of animal smells and hair are removed.
- If any of the rooms have very bright colours or carpets, you may want to neutralise them. This does not mean go out and buy expensive carpet.
- Get carpets professionally cleaned.
If your bathroom or kitchen looks tired then by applying some of the following practises will make a difference.
- Re-paint the ceiling and walls.
- Clean, re-grout any tiled areas that are going black.
- Cut lawns.
- Make sure front door is immaculate as first impressions count.
- De-personalise by removing personal items such as family photos until the property is sold.
- Choose the correct lighting for each space which can improve the mood of the room.
- Organise rooms so that there purpose can be seen.
During this process always remember that you have now decided to sell your property and not to get personal about any changes, as the changes that you implement are to attract the widest possible buyers in your area.